Sign in to follow this  
nicky3762

PMDG 747 v3 - How To Save Aircraft Options?

Hi guys, just a quick question here.

You know on the Queen II where you can save panel state in the FMC? I would like to do the same thing except save aircraft configuration; things like equipment and displays. There is a "restore" and "load from" at right select 2 and 3 but no "save"?

Nicholas Schuester

When you select the configuration you want you just exit that part of the FMC and it automatically saves the selection, hence the reason there is no save button.

So if you select the LCD screens over the CRT screens for example, they'll instantly turn to LCD screens while in the sim and when you exit making you equipment selections there is nothing else to do.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Campbell (hope I got that right?)

The changes are applied instantly, that is fine and well, but what I'm trying to do is to have the same configuration carry over to another aircraft because at present I have it set up just the way I like. However, this configuration only remains if you always load the last saved flight before quit, therefore if I were to load another livery or even start a new flight from Scenario screen I would lose these settings.

Nicholas Schuester

In the intro PDF that comes with the airplane it explains in the manual how to save a config to all liveries rather than just one. I'm not at home so I don't remember what page it's on but it's in the section of the manual where it explains the FMC config options. This is for saving the same equipment options to all liveries.

As far as custom panel states, like cold and dark or custom short or long turn, I'm not sure off the top of my head if you can set that for all liveries or not.

You might want to ask in the PMDG forum here at Avsim. Below is link.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/786-pmdg-747-queen-of-the-skies-ii/

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator