Sign in to follow this  
alex1121

Transponder in cold and dark state

Hey captains,

i've recently noticed that after the last patch of the QOTS II for FSX:SE the transponder is in TA/RA at the default cold and dark state. I've also looked around on YouTube and I saw that I'm not the only one. (Also in P3D v4 streams) 

My question is: is that supposed to be like that? Or it is a bug? 

Thanks in advance 

Alessio Calandrella

24 minutes ago, Alessio Calandrella said:

is that supposed to be like that?

Probably not. Simply set it to off and save over the panel state.

24 minutes ago, Alessio Calandrella said:

Or it is a bug? 

Why are simmers obsessed with the word 'bug' and/or attempting to point out that various things are?

Is it a 'bug' if a crew leaves a real aircraft and leaves the transponder on? No. It isn't.

'Bug' means something in code is causing something else to behave improperly. Forgetting to set something in a panel state that we send out really isn't a 'bug' by the true definition of the word. Change it how you want it, save over the panel state. Done.

Kyle Rodgers

19 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Why are simmers obsessed with the word 'bug' and/or attempting to point out that various things are?

Is it a 'bug' if a crew leaves a real aircraft and leaves the transponder on? No. It isn't.

'Bug' means something in code is causing something else to behave improperly. Forgetting to set something in a panel state that we send out really isn't a 'bug' by the true definition of the word. Change it how you want it, save over the panel state. Done.

My intention wasnt to bother you or any of the pmdg staff. I used the word bug since before the patch it wasnt like that, so i tought that maybe some of the fixes caused this. Since im not an addon developer i've no idea how this addon works (in terms of development) so used the word "bug" in simplistic way.

22 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Ok ill'do. It will be fixed maybe in a future patch?

Thanks again

Alessio Calandrella

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alessio Calandrella said:

It will be fixed maybe in a future patch?

Probably. All the same, you can very easily fix it yourself by creating a new panel state with it off. No need to wait for us to update it.

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Probably. All the same, you can very easily fix it yourself by creating a new panel state with it off. No need to wait for us to update it.

Ok good, thanks!

15 minutes ago, Alessio Calandrella said:

Ok good, thanks!

Welcome!

Sorry for the shot across the bow earlier. There have been a bunch of reports of 'bugs' that aren't even ours in the last few weeks, or were the result of people simply not knowing what they were doing, and it all piled up.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

5 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Welcome!

Sorry for the shot across the bow earlier. There have been a bunch of reports of 'bugs' that aren't even ours in the last few weeks, or were the result of people simply not knowing what they were doing, and it all piled up.

Nah don't worry, i can understand that feeling