Sign in to follow this  
JAS8472

Problem installing NA Pacific NW&OpenLC P3dv4

Hi everyone,

Following problem:

When trying to install the Global FTX Open LC EU and North America and also the Pacific NW scenery I always get, after a couple of minutes: "Retry the download? Your download for FTX Global openLC Europe has been interrupted. Would you like to retry downloading this product?" Klicking "retry" doesn't help. Clicking on  "yes" or "no" gives me an error-log (see below)

The progress bar is at around 10% at that time, 0 B downloaded.

Installing all my OrbX products in FSX:SE was without any problems!

It always seems to stop after a couple of minutes at "finding files to update..."

I also tried the manual install of the zip and then selecting the zip in FTX-Central (downloaded the zip manually from the homepage days after release of P3dv4).

With FSX:SE it worked, with P3d it stops at 10% (same as above with direct download) :  "finding files to update..." 

I have the newest version of the FTX Central (shows version 3.2.0.3).

Below a screenshot of the log:

Thanks a lot for some help,

Joe

problem_Orbx.jpg

https://ibb.co/f1xL8Q

I also really struggle with the downloading part of FTX Central and always download from my account page and manually install. FTXC puts its temp files here as far as I can tell:  C:\Users\[YOUR PC]\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx   - try deleting any folders (not the images) that are in there. It seems to me that if FTXC sees a part file from a failed download it get upset and rather than just overwriting it it throws an error.

Has worked for me, but your mileage may vary!

Cheers

Paul Hand

Hi also have same problem with FTX Global openLC Europe and try to download manually then unzip it but all i gets small zips files anybody know how can i install it 

Thanks

16 hours ago, waelphoto said:

Hi also have same problem with FTX Global openLC Europe and try to download manually then unzip it but all i gets small zips files anybody know how can i install it 

Thanks

Don't unzip the files. The installer uses them exactly as you downloaded them. In Central, click on the product, and then click on "installation options" and select the one that says "install from my manually downloaded file" and then navigate to the zip file location.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Allan

Hi all,

I tried to install with the manually downloaded zip before, as stated. I get the same result as described above.

@Paulhand: Thanks for the tip, I deleted the (empty) pacific NW-Folder.... still, when trying to download the scenery via FTX Central, I get the same result as described.

Any more ideas? Is there an official support forum?

Joe

Their official forum where you can get support is here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/218-orbxdirect-and-ftx-central-3-support-forum/

You will need to register if you have not already, and remember to add at least one product order number in your signature or beside your forum name - something that shows you are a bona fide customer. Good luck! You should check out the FTX forum - there's a heap of really valuable discussion and advice over there. That is their official forum, as opposed to this "unofficial" one :cool:

I have had a couple of problems too, similar to what you describe, when Central v3 was first released. I always use a download manager - my one is Internet Download Manager - IDM, and I can recommend it.  Before you start the download, you are given the option to choose where you want the download to be saved and I save the downloads to (in my case) E:\Downloads\Compressed\....

If you do a full install from a manually downloaded file, Central will look for a zip file. If you do an update, Central will look for the folder where the collection of zips are located.

I have seen the installer/updater take quite a while sometimes, as in many minutes. It seems to be looking, then it seems to be copying, then downloading... so I just walk away and leave it alone. Looking at the progress bar sometimes, I think the process is going to take over an hour, but then suddenly it changes, starts installing, and after a few minutes, maybe 10 sometimes, the job is done.

Christopher Allan