Sign in to follow this  
alex1121

Skeleton

Good day captains,

i'm experiencing heavy skeleton issues with the 747, especially when i remain on the ground for a while (ground ops stuff etc..).

When doing a "fast" startup and takeoff the skeleton its less problematic.

After the skeleton i have quite good fps in outside view (80-120)

71CA08FA11668B468A92534A25ABDC678E55FC10

3 minutes ago, Alessio Calandrella said:

Good day captains,

i'm experiencing heavy skeleton issues with the 747, especially when i remain on the ground for a while (ground ops stuff etc..).

When doing a "fast" startup and takeoff the skeleton its less problematic.

After the skeleton i have quite good fps in outside view (80-120)

Plead read the Intro Manual, specifically the section on VAS, and HIGHMEMFIX.

Kyle Rodgers

6 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Plead read the Intro Manual, specifically the section on VAS, and HIGHMEMFIX.

Already done. About HIGHMEMFIX i use Steam edition, so it isnt needed. Regard the VAS usage im quite fine 1.9Gb in Flytampa Toronto with the QOTS II, ASN and ORBX Global. Also i dont let it rotate during the selection of aircraft and airports

1 minute ago, Alessio Calandrella said:

Already done. About HIGHMEMFIX i use Steam edition, so it isnt needed. Regard the VAS usage im quite fine 1.9Gb in Flytampa torono with the QOTS II, ASN and ORBX Global. Also i dont let it rotate during the selection of aircraft and airports

If it only happens after some time, then it's definitely a VAS issue. That or your hardware is failing. Your choice.

Either way, it's got nothing to do with the plane.

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

If it only happens after some time, then it's definitely a VAS issue. That or your hardware is failing. Your choice.

Either way, it's got nothing to do with the plane.

If i remain long time in VC then i switch to any outside views, the skeleton is here. Every time. Also at FL370 over the atlantic with 1Gb of VAS usage. I'll investigate a bit better regarding my hardware but i'm quite sure that its working good.

Thanks by the way

2 hours ago, Alessio Calandrella said:

If i remain long time in VC then i switch to any outside views, the skeleton is here. Every time. Also at FL370 over the atlantic with 1Gb of VAS usage. I'll investigate a bit better regarding my hardware but i'm quite sure that its working good.

I'm rather doubtful that it's hardware, but graphical corruption like that is going to arise from either software/VAS-related issues, or hardware issues. My bet is the former, as it is more likely. You pushed back on my initial mention of VAS and HIGHMEMFIX, though, so the only other place to look would be hardware. Perhaps a driver issue.

Kyle Rodgers

3 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I'm rather doubtful that it's hardware, but graphical corruption like that is going to arise from either software/VAS-related issues, or hardware issues. My bet is the former, as it is more likely. You pushed back on my initial mention of VAS and HIGHMEMFIX, though, so the only other place to look would be hardware. Perhaps a driver issue.

The only question is about the DisablePreload=1. I don't have it on my fsx.cfg. I should insert it? In another thread i read that it should be inserted but DisablePreload=0. I'll try to delete the shaders and i'll reinstall my nvidia driver for the moment.

5 minutes ago, Alessio Calandrella said:

The only question is about the DisablePreload=1. I don't have it on my fsx.cfg. I should insert it? In another thread i read that it should be inserted but DisablePreload=0. I'll try to delete the shaders and i'll reinstall my nvidia driver for the moment.

DisablePreLoad is mentioned in the intro (an entry which you should probably have a look at), but it would not affect the whole aircraft as you're seeing.

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

DisablePreLoad is mentioned in the intro (an entry which you should probably have a look at), but it would not affect the whole aircraft as you're seeing.

Thank you for your help, ill try different things and settings for the moment