Sign in to follow this  
w6kd

CI (Cost Index) for American Airlines

Guest Delta07

Hi:I know this is a long shot (in the dark) but I was wondering if any of you guys/gals out there know the Cost Index (CI) for American Airlines aircraft? That function is modelled in my aircraft so it would really help me out if I had the correct values.Also, if not, then could someone tell me a range which would be most likely. I've read some posts about other airlines and their CI. I know that Southwest uses 28 for the 733/735 and 36 for their 737NG.Oh and one more thing, I've been finding that my initial climb rate is in the 4500+ fpm range til 10,000ft, then as the speed increases, the climb rate will still be in the 3500fpm range. Is this normal or there something I need set in the FMC to get a more realistic climb rate. I would think that 4500fpm would make a passenger light headed but then again, I've never seen the VS climb indicator on the flight deck during a flight so I wouldn't know ;-) I appreciate all suggestions/comments/etc... greatly as I'm still in the learning process.Thanks,Fletcher R.

Most companies guard their cost index profiles as proprietary information.4500 fpm wouldn't be unusual for a full-power climb at a relatively light weight. In the Gulfstream-V, which can pack enough gas for an 11-hour flight, yet is flown light much of the time, a lightweight climb can push 6000 fpm. Most pilots use VS mode set at no more than 3000 fpm to keep a comfortable deck angle for the pax. Also, the VNAV profile climb will porpoise as the jet chases the airspeed at lower altitudes. VNAV climb is generally engaged in the mid teens after the climb profile has been established after the acceleration passing 10K.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile