adrio

Use with Carenado Seneca V (XP10)

Hi!
I'm considering buy the GNS 750 or 650 to use it with carenado Seneca V in XP10. I would like to know if this is possible and supported. Which are the list of know supported aircrafts that I can use the GNS in XP10 ?

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've just answered a similar question on the GNS V2 forum. Here is in detail:

It depends on what you mean with "compatible"!

First and foremost, the GNS V2 is compatible with X-Plane. It is aircraft-agnostic in the sense it does not deal with the aircraft specifics. In short, it is designed as a real LRU (line replaceable unit), although once you fly with it, you won't need nor want to 'replace' it!

Now some aircraft are (or will) offering virtual cockpit integration, with 3D model of the bezel and the knobs. This gives you greater visual integration. Please note in the case of the GNS, every single aircraft can be equipped with the default GPS and our manuals guides you through simple steps to replace such default GPS with our GNS V2.

This means you can take any aircraft with the default GPS, and in about 2-3 mins, have it re-configured with our GNS V2 in the virtual cockpit, bezel keys working!

As for the GTN, the procedure to embed the device on the virtual cockpit is similar and works the same, but there is not 'default' GTN gauge in X-Plane to replace. In fact, as long as you have a 'render texture' on the virtual cockpit, and you have enough space on it, you can configure our GTN to render to that space directly.

We've been discussing with X-Plane developers and they are working on a new feature for their updated XP11 SDK which should give our plugin the capability to put our GTN gauge to the virtual cockpit directly, without having to re-model the aircraft.