Steve Crewdog

How hard is it to create/replace a panel?

Apologies if I've got this in the wrong place. I'm a longtime simmer and building a Progressive Aerodyne SeaRey in real life, and both for fun and for evaluation I thought I'd build my own panel and replace the one in Just Flight's Discover Arabia's SeaRey with it. I've read some of the tutorials and it looks like a pretty steep learning curve, which I regretfully don't have time for. Am I right or wrong? Or is it even possible to replace a commercial panel with a custom one?

TIA,
Steve

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

For a 2D panel, you might want to give this a look: It's pretty straightforward to use it

http://fspanelstudio.com/

Bit tricker to do the VC panel (although it is easy to swap out gauges in a VC for other ones.

Basically a 2D panel can be easily replaced, added or deleted. But a VC is part of the model so you cannot change, add or create a VC unless you are also the creator of the whole model. Some gauges can be replaced in a VC but it is very much hit and miss.

Thanks, I'll check out PS Panel. A shame about the VC, I was hoping to combine it with Orb X's Pac NW in FSX and have some fun during those long winter days up here, but i understand. I've downloaded the demo version and will have a play with that.

I don't expect all the gauges to work, such as the new Dynon Skyview or the turbo overpressure on the Roxtax 914 I'll be putting in, I just want something for grins and giggles.