Sign in to follow this  
airtj

Can't Install

When I'm trying to install version 2.9.6 v3 or 2.9.3 v1 into the modules folder it comes up with this.

Do you want to copy this folder without encryption.

A Problem is preventing this folder from being encrypted.

Tried installing in safe mode, same results. Updated FSUIPC to 4.968. 

Hi airtj

You should not try to encrypt any folder. What version of Windows do you have? Is this a 'first time' installation? 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

No, I was able to install 1.13 with no problem, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Moving from LINDA 1.13 for MCP1 to LINDA 2.9.6 or 3.0.0 beta is a big step. There is no encryption applied to these downloads.

First read the release notes and then read them again. Then I strongly recommend you take a full copy backup of your Flt Sim \modules folder - you will need this to copy back your old aircraft configurations. Afterwards delete the following files and folders:

• linda.exe
  • linda.lua
  • \linda
  • \linda-cfg

You should then unzip the downloaded LINDA files and open the top level folder (LINDA x.x.x Standard ...). Drag-and-drop the \sounds and \modules folders into the TOP LEVEL of your Flt Sim folder (e.g. c:\fsx\ or c:\program files (x86)\fsx\). Say YES to all overwrites. Do not select any encryption.

Once done, go to your 1.13 backup and copy the following folders into your new installation and the same named folders:

• \linda\aircrafts\
  • \linda-cfg\aircrafts\
  • \linda-cfg\system\

Run LINDA and open LINDA Setup to ensure your MCP1 is enabled and on the correct COMM PORT. Then start your Flt Sim.

If this fails, please following the fault reporting and diagnosis thread and email me your logs.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thank You. I didn't realize you couldn't copy and paste the new version into the modules folder. :biggrin:

The changes are quite extensive and there is a massive gap between 1.13 and the latest version. A clean install is highly desirable and should resolve your problems. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK