Sign in to follow this  
FlyBaby

Help with approach plates in Eaglet...

I am flying Antsairplane Eaglet using the built in GPS 296 to KBWI runway 15L. I downloaded the approach plate (from Airnav) that has waypoints KRENE, MNKEY, ZOWEE, ADCOCK for an ILS approach.

However, when I load and activate the same approach in the Garmin (in sim about 30 miles from the airport) I only get ZOWEE as a waypoint (in the sim) prior to the runway. I tried other runways as well and still only get 1 waypoint prior to the runway in the sim.

Is this a limitation of p3d V4 possibly using an older database? Are there any 3rd party planes with somewhat up to date or more robust approach charts built in? Or am I just not correctly loading / understanding the process for this plane? I recall doing this with other planes in the past (I believe the sr22) and not having this issue.

Edit: this should be in the prepar3d section, can a mod move this? DONE!

Edited by n4gix
Moved per request.

Does that particular GPS give you the option to choose transition when loading approach proc?  It may be a limitation of the simulated GPS to only be able to load an approach as vector to final, which starts with the FAF, ZOWEE in this case.

• Upvote 1

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

3 minutes ago, windycloud said:

Does that particular GPS give you the option to choose transition when loading approach proc?  It may be a limitation of the simulated GPS to only be able to load an approach as vector to final, which starts with the FAF, ZOWEE in this case.

Hey thanks.

It does ask for transitions for one of the runways...vector...I believe. There was another option, but both led me to the same place.

If I understood you correctly, If I choose vector, then ZOWEE is the correct starting point. Thanks for your help!