Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daniel Pimentel

KFLL scenery problems

Guest Jarhead

Hello,I downloaded fort lauderdale version 2 from the avsim library but i have enounctered a serverly low FPS during landingFilename : kfllver1_2.zipThe scenery itself is wonderful and complex ,howeverI think there's a problem with the main building (compared to the terminals)Can one of you scenery gurus inspect that scenery andA) Find out the cause of the problem and fix it :( Lower the entire scenery visual quality and by thus produce better FPS..Would appreciate any kind of response,Ben.

>Hello,>>I downloaded fort lauderdale version 2 from the avsim library>but i have enounctered a serverly low FPS during landing>Filename : kfllver1_2.zip>The scenery itself is wonderful and complex ,however>I think there's a problem with the main building (compared to>the terminals)>>Can one of you scenery gurus inspect that scenery and>>A) Find out the cause of the problem and fix it >>:( Lower the entire scenery visual quality and by thus produce>better FPS..>>Would appreciate any kind of response,>>Ben.>I had the same problem. I ended removeing the AP scenery and just used the defualt.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Guest Jarhead

hopefully the author of this wonderful scenery can respond I'd really hate to remove this scenery from my library...how could you reduce the texture size to make the scenery "lighter"?

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Resize the textures to 50% of their size. Keep in mind that this will result in a noticeable reduction in quality.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

I have the same scenery and have the same problems. I do think this author used Novagold textures and rather than putting htem in the main texture directory for FS9, they were in the local texture directory for the scenery. You should be able to blow away those nova textures in the local directory as they would load with the main texture files...the duplication slows the system down. BTW a lot of scenery folks make this mistake. You should be able to delete those files from any scenery so long as you have the Nova and NovaGold textuers in your main texture folder.I do think this scenery needs to be reworked though because it is nice. I fly in to FLL for business all the time, including tomorrow!BestEric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Get a graphics program (Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop work, but a free alternative would be the GIMP, just google it). Basically any graphics program will let you resize a texture. However, if Eric is right about the Nova textures, you should try his method first.@ Eric: Excellent work on your metal skins for the Spartan, I love them. :)Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)