Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

Dreamfleet addon aircraft portability

Guest IanP

Dave, I'm sorry, but you're simply not correct here.As Jeroen says, all of this software software is LICENSED. You do NOT own it, a copy of it or anything else. The license number is assigned to you, but if you breach the agreement, the authors/publishers/distributors still have the right to end the license agreement (although how they would do it sometimes is another matter) and you no longer have the legal right to use the software.The Flight1 wrapper allows you to both reactivate on a new PC when you upgrade (but the license is only for one installation - as it says in the agreement) and if you have a problem with it, you can request a new license automatically and easily. I've had to do that a couple of times out of tens of F1 wrapper products I use and have never had problems. It's by far the easiest of the "reasonably secure" systems I have had to deal with.DVD and CD versions of software are more expensive because they cost more to produce and distribute than a sofware download. They also often (but becoming more rare these days) come with a paper manual. That's it. You have no more right to use (or misuse) a CD distributed product than an electronically distributed product. As has also already been said, some companies require you to activate a CD product excactly the same as download products.Sometimes it causes problems (like I can't purchase a license for any Cloud9 products until I've solved the problems on this PC, because I am having to make major hardware changes to isolate it), but that's the way both the system and law works.Ian P.

Thank you all for your replies. All I have to do now is wait for the CD (dial up is SO much fun!)I'm planning on getting a SATA drive and FSX and Windows Vista when they come out and I didn't want to not be able to use an add on that I bought now. I'm hoping an aircraft for 2004 will work with FSX - I think it probably will - if not then there is sure to be an upgrade available. I might not be able to get it with dial up though.Thats the problem I have now... I get to about 14meg of the download and I get cut off. oh well.thanks again for the responses.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.