Sign in to follow this  
silentsage

The Dreaded "Building Navigraph Database" Problem.....Again

I have about a dozen Carenado aircraft of various kinds.  As they are upgraded to P3D V4 I've been adding them to my system.

I am appalled and dismayed that the dreaded "Building Navigraph Database" problem is back (at least for me).

I understand that these sims are complicated, and with the release of a new version problems are to be expected.  But this problem has been afflicting Carenado users for years,  and there is absolutely no support provided by Carenado for this.  Browsing this forum and the web yields numerous postings where various folks have attempted to fix the problem.  The silence from Carenado on this topic is deafening.  I don't mind spending time applying fixes, but it would be nice if Carenado would at least attempt to help.

Carenado has a reputation for aircraft that are great eye-candy, but which have very poor (i.e., buggy) systems.  I have reached a point where I'm not purchasing any more Carenado products until the support is improved and the product launches are higher quality.  That 390 Premier 1A looks great, but I'm not buying another product so that I can get more database build errors and Navigraph avionics that don't work.

Dave Symanow

Martin -

Thanks for the help.  Prior to my post I read the entire thread and tried (as best I could) to implement its suggestions.  Part of the problem is that the edit to dll.xml assumes  the file Carenavigraph.dll is in the same path as dll.xml.  On my system it isn't, so the patch doesn't work.  If there is a "Carenavigraph.dll" file on my system I sure couldn't find it.  If Carenado knows, they aren't telling anyone.  

Dave Symanow

Guest JustanotherPilot

Dave,

I gave up trying to fix the Carenado nav issues and bought the gtn750 which integrates into the VC panel with most Carenado aircraft....it's not for the purists who want to fly a 'genuine article' but it solves Nav problems and performs well and is easy to use

JustanotherPilot -

I agree.  I used the Flight1 GTN 750 whenever I could in P3D 3.4.  Bert Pieke is a genius (as are others who contributed to it).  F1 says it may be a while before the P3D v4 compatible version is released.  Guess I'll just have to wait.  

Dave Symanow