Sign in to follow this  
Stephane Leduc

P3D v4 Doesent Start at all

16 minutes ago, Stephane Leduc said:

actually this is not what they told me.. i think im doing exactly as ive been told. Poppet told me to create a new account on the P3D forums, thats why i did it. A fresh windows install will only be my last option.

Let's see how this pans out.  I guarantee You'll be in the same situation or worst in 3 days,  it would take you 2 days to back up on a USB drive,  drop the Partition,  format,  reinstall, do the windows updates and drive and  install a nice fresh copy of v4, but I'll guess you want a quick magic pill fix and don't want to spend 2 days reinstalling 

I know I sound horrible but I'm being cruel to be kind.

14ppkc-6.png

45 minutes ago, tooting said:

Let's see how this pans out.  I guarantee You'll be in the same situation or worst in 3 days,  it would take you 2 days to back up on a USB drive,  drop the Partition,  format,  reinstall, do the windows updates and drive and  install a nice fresh copy of v4, but I'll guess you want a quick magic pill fix and don't want to spend 2 days reinstalling 

I know I sound horrible but I'm being cruel to be kind.

ok you convinced me ! I will reinstall Win 10, i wont even have to do a backup because i dont have any files on the computer that i would like to keep. so it wont take that long. ill be in touch as soon as i have installed P3D again, i hope this works...

thanks !

It assures you start with a CLEAN slate Stephane.  After installing w10, reboot. Then install P3d to a folder of your choice but not the default - if you have an extra drive just install it to D:\P3D. Reboot and run it - if you get the same error - you probably have a hardware issue.

Also, just for the heck of it, do not attach any yoke, rudder, stick, etc. Just use keyboard and mouse. At this point you're not trying to fly, just run P3D. If it works, add ONE peripheral and retest. If it works, move that peripheral to a different usb port and retest - repeat as necessary. You can see where I'm going with this - trying to test your USB ports.

Just a wild guess - have you looked in your BIOS to see if anything seems unusual relating to your USB controllers? Also after reinstalling, be sure you have the power control for the USB ports set to NOT power down when not in use.

Step by step......

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

On 11.7.2017 at 10:38 PM, vgbaron said:

It assures you start with a CLEAN slate Stephane.  After installing w10, reboot. Then install P3d to a folder of your choice but not the default - if you have an extra drive just install it to D:\P3D. Reboot and run it - if you get the same error - you probably have a hardware issue.

Also, just for the heck of it, do not attach any yoke, rudder, stick, etc. Just use keyboard and mouse. At this point you're not trying to fly, just run P3D. If it works, add ONE peripheral and retest. If it works, move that peripheral to a different usb port and retest - repeat as necessary. You can see where I'm going with this - trying to test your USB ports.

Just a wild guess - have you looked in your BIOS to see if anything seems unusual relating to your USB controllers? Also after reinstalling, be sure you have the power control for the USB ports set to NOT power down when not in use.

Step by step......

Vic

This finally did it, after some other trouble i went trough with reinstalling windows, i can finally say that everything is up and running. Thank you 1 million times for encouraging me to solve this ! 

btw: P3Dv4 is indeed the future ! It runs so smooth, its really comforting to know that the journey with "FSX" continues.

warm greetings from LSZH (Zürich)

Stephane ! 

WAY TO GO!!

And hats off to @Tooting for nagging you into a Windows install.  :biggrin:

Glad you got it sorted out - now enjoy the wonders of P3DV4.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors