Sign in to follow this  
Oliver_Cooksey

AS16 Upgrade - FSX to P3D

I currently own AS16 for FSX. I am looking at getting a version compatible with P3Dv4. Can I buy the P3D upgrade and use my FSX AS16 licence key for the ASP4 beta? Struggling to find information of this anywhere and thought someone here would have been in this predicament.

Oliver Cooksey

1 minute ago, Oliver_Cooksey said:

I currently own AS16 for FSX. I am looking at getting a version compatible with P3Dv4. Can I buy the P3D upgrade and use my FSX AS16 licence key for the ASP4 beta? Struggling to find information of this anywhere and thought someone here would have been in this predicament.

Oliver Cooksey

Hello Oliver,

That's not really the best place to ask as it is not related to PMDG. But I was in your case and that's exactly what I did, I purchase the AS16 upgrade and then I downloaded their ASP4 install no problems at all. If you want more answers or supprot check out their own forums ;)

1 minute ago, wedgantilles said:

Hello Oliver,

That's not really the best place to ask as it is not related to PMDG. But I was in your case and that's exactly what I did, I purchase the AS16 upgrade and then I downloaded their ASP4 install no problems at all. If you want more answers or supprot check out their own forums ;)

Whoops. Thought I was in the general forums for P3D :) Appologies to the mod who eventually moves this thread.

Thanks for the response. Looks like that’s the way I will go. You don’t have any issues with having both AS16 for FSX and ASP4 installed at the same time? Not going to uninstall FSX as it has some addons I need still (like the beautiful Q400).

2 minutes ago, Oliver_Cooksey said:

Whoops. Thought I was in the general forums for P3D :) Appologies to the mod who eventually moves this thread.

Thanks for the response. Looks like that’s the way I will go. You don’t have any issues with having both AS16 for FSX and ASP4 installed at the same time? Not going to uninstall FSX as it has some addons I need still (like the beautiful Q400).

I can't really confirm or deny that as I've completely removed my FSX so AS16 for FSX as well. But it should not be an issue as it installs to different folders, so I don't really see why it would be an issue.

2 hours ago, Oliver_Cooksey said:

Oliver Cooksey

Yes, get the upgrade from the reseller and download their beta installers and install from scratch providing the proper key. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Just now, Drumcode said:

Yes, get the upgrade from the reseller and download their beta installers and install from scratch providing the proper key. 

Thanks. Was under the assumption that the upgrade was only for previous versions of Active Sky (as in ASN). Glad that it includes other editions of AS16. Saves me some cash to put towards some PMDG addons :)

Oliver Cooksey