Sign in to follow this  
DaveyDave

P3D Database Data

Hi All,

I'm trying to learn a bit about P3D, having used XPlane for many years. In particular, I'm interested in whether there are means through P3D or associated tools for creating or examining the visual database.

For example, if I wanted to extract the exact location (ie. lat/lng/hgt) of a particular visual feature (like a tower or runway) from P3D, can I do that either by exporting the scene data somehow, or by using a scenery tool (a bit like XPlane's World Builder) to do that?

Similarly, I'd be interested in the terrain elevation data that is used. Is it exportable?

I would also be interested in people's experience as to the geographic accuracy of the P3D visual scenery. I know from experience that XPlane's coordinate system is not WGS84 and that features at particular lat/lngs do not actually exist at the associated location in the real world (when confirmed using Google Earth or similar).

Thanks for any pointers.

Dave

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

P3D is not like X-Plane and vice-versa.  X-Plane has many features that P3D does not.  This discussion is locked as we are not going to compare features between the two sims.  You can discover that yourself since you own P3D and an old-time X-Plane user.