Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

P-47 problems

Guest JamesJ

Anyone besides me having problems with this? I downloaded and installed the patch, when selecting the ac "modern cockpit" I get a message saying visual model cannot be found and sim closes. If I select the other option "Polished metal" or something like that there's no 2d panel??? JamesJ

Guest dogknot

>Anyone besides me having problems with this? I downloaded>and installed the patch, when selecting the ac "modern>cockpit" I get a message saying visual model cannot be found>and sim closes. If I select the other option "Polished metal">or something like that there's no 2d panel??? JamesJYep, same thing here. Patch was no help either. FS9 shuts down to desktop.Here's what I did to get it up and running.2d panel activation for "01) USAAC - bare metal" : open the "panel" folder and rename panel.cfg to VC_panel.cfg, then rename 2D_Panel.cfg to panel.cfg. You will now have the 2D panel and the VC available in the bare metal P47.For the 60-ies version model: Open the "Model.60-ies" folder, Rename P-47M-1_60-ies.mdl to P-47M-1.mdl, then open Model.cfg and change normal=P-47M-1_60-ies to normal=P-47M-1 if you have already applied the "patch". If you haven't applied the patch then you can leave it as is. There is only VC for the modern/60-ies version. For a 2D panel in this version, one needs to write up a new panel.cfg/folder with all the "modern gauges" implemented to the panel bitmap as in the bare metal version. Not worth it at this time for me.Hope that helps a bit.

If you're having problems, I suggest contacting the author. I was using the "pre-release" version from Sim-Outhouse, and noticed there were a bunch of missing gauges and effects. I wrote to him and he was able to help me out. If you are having problems with this one, you may want to check out the model and patches he released on Sim-Outhouse.com, it's working fine for me.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg