Sign in to follow this  
mdelacruzperu

ORBX Settings conversion

Hello boys and girls,

How do you convert these settings into P3Dv4 settings? Do I have to manually change value into CFG?

Setting, Value, Why?
Level of detail radius, Large, Reduces blurring of textures.
Global texture resolution, Max, Displays photoreal textures best.
Mesh complexity, 100, Better terrain definition.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

all these are found in Options / Display

Level of detail radius, Large, Reduces blurring of textures.--------Level of detail radius
Global texture resolution, Max, Displays photoreal textures best.---Global texture resolution
Mesh complexity, 100, Better terrain definition.----------------------------Mesh Complexity

These are in 1 list and includes the Tessellation slider too 

On 7/13/2017 at 9:04 PM, jimcarrel said:

all these are found in Options / Display

Level of detail radius, Large, Reduces blurring of textures.--------Level of detail radius
Global texture resolution, Max, Displays photoreal textures best.---Global texture resolution
Mesh complexity, 100, Better terrain definition.----------------------------Mesh Complexity

These are in 1 list and includes the Tessellation slider too 

Thank you for your support, my question is because they say one option that I don't have, so I was looking for the best equivalent.

LOD=Large: The options are Low, Medium, High, Ultra and Max (there is no Large)
Global Texture=Max: I think the option is Terrain - Texture resolution and I have options from 10m through 4cm
Mesh Complexity=100: It should be Mesh Resolution and the options are from 305m through 1m

What are the best options I should use??

without super machine try this

LOD high

Global texture 7cm

Mesh complexity  somewhere around 10-15m, just start midrange and go from there, after all those are suggested settings form Orbyx, it's really up to you and your FPS

* just noticed you comp stat, Still start middle of the slide and go more right.

Thank you very much, Jim, I have all that settings full to the right with excellent results with FPS. My PC specs are in my signature. I was supposing that maybe that configuration affects ORBX capacity to display the scenery (stutters, blur, flickering, etc.) That was the original reason for my question. But, if it isn't, I will keep all the sliders to the right. Thank you again.