P3Dv4 and FSUIPC problem

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I Have:

- Prepar3D v4 Pro 4.0.28.21686

- FSUIPC 5.103 registered

- LINDA 3.0.1 (711)

- Windows 10 Pro 64

The problem is if activate Autosave on FSUIPC, when the flight is saved, Linda reload LUA engine itself. All continue fine, but if the autosave is each 300 seconds, each 300 seconds LUA is reloaded.

Thanks and best,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi jadolfo,

Thank you for your report. This is a new one on me. You don't say what aircraft you are using but I have just tested the FSUIPC5 auto-save with the PMDG737NGX. The simulation does hesitate/pause for about a second to write the auto-save to disk but I am not seeing LINDA restarting. I am using the later FSUIPC5 5.103f Try installing the latest FSUIPC5 5.103g.

Please follow the diagnosis and reporting thread above, reproduce the problem a couple of times and email me the logs.

Hi,

On my sim, with default Baron 58 and PMDG B772 tested.

I will try to reproduce and send.

Hi,

I tried to reproduce the problem with the PMDG B772. Really is not problem of FSUIPC Autosave.

When I fly with this aircraft, my VRI MCP Combo 2 (Boeing), every few minutes disconnect and connect, I can ear a "ding-dong" sound from Windows, like when connect/disconnect an USB device.

When this happens, my VRI MCP stops working, freeze, and loses communication with LINDA.

I am not shure, but I remember to have this problem with default Baron, but I tried to reproduce on a flight (1 hour) , but nothing, all fine.

This problem is only with PMDG, then I suposse that is not a LINDA issue. This evening I will fly again for gets logs files an send it if the error come back.

Thanks an best regards.

The problem you are describing sounds like the Win10 power management issue. You need to use the Device Manager to find the USB your MCP panel is connected to,  the Power Management tab and disable power saving management. Neither LINDA nor FSUIPC will cause devices to disconnect and produce the bing-bong sound.