Sign in to follow this  
swaor

PMDG 737 GPU Crash

Hello, there

I have a problem. Every time I want to fly the PMDG 737, my graphics card crashes after about 10-30 minutes and gives me the following error: "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG". (I have a GTX 760)

The strange part about it is, that the crashes started about a mont ago. Before then, the 737 was working perfectly fine with my gpu. I hope, someone can help me. 

3 minutes ago, swaor said:

Hello, there

I have a problem. Every time I want to fly the PMDG 737, my graphics card crashes after about 10-30 minutes and gives me the following error: "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG". (I have a GTX 760)

The strange part about it is, that the crashes started about a mont ago. Before then, the 737 was working perfectly fine with my gpu. I hope, someone can help me. 

Welcome to the forums, please be aware that full names are required here.

Have you tried doing a clean install of your graphics drivers to rule out a bad update?

Just now, PMDG777 said:

Have you tried doing a clean install of your graphics drivers to rule out a bad update?

Ok, i´m gonna check that. (Its an Nvidia GeForce GTX 760)

Just now, swaor said:

Ok, i´m gonna check that. (Its an Nvidia GeForce GTX 760)

Again, full names are required in the forums or you will receive no support.

16 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Again, full names are required in the forums or you will receive no support.

Umm what did i do wrong?

• Upvote 2

You'll notice on the PMDG forum everyone signs their full name at the bottom of each post, as per the PMDG forum rules.  There is a sticky on the subject on the general thread.  I suspect the reasoning behind it is so that they don't spend time supporting folks who have illegally obtained copies of the software.

Mark Trainer

8 hours ago, swaor said:

Umm what did i do wrong?

I thought it was pretty clear the first time when I told you about the rule requiring full names. As Mark pointed out, it's not a choice it's a rule. 

On 16.7.2017 at 7:51 PM, mtrainer said:

You'll notice on the PMDG forum everyone signs their full name at the bottom of each post, as per the PMDG forum rules.  There is a sticky on the subject on the general thread.  I suspect the reasoning behind it is so that they don't spend time supporting folks who have illegally obtained copies of the software.

Mark Trainer

Ok, im sorry then...

Well, it looks like i have fixed that now. I changed "Texture_max_load=2048" in my Prepar3d.cfg in:

"C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3" and "Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2" from "2048" to "1024".

2048px was probably just too much for my graphics card. (btw This post is just for the people, which have similar problems with their sim)

I think it was set to 2048 when I installed FlyTampa Copenhagen.