Ray Proudfoot

BSOD - BAD_POOL_HEADER - glitch or something else?

Twenty minutes into a flight from Birmingham (EGBB) to Ponta Delgada (LPPD) in Concorde my flight sim machine suffered a BSOD with BAD_POOL_HEADER shown as the cause. Sim is P3D v3.4. Computer specs in sig,

It appears to be memory related. On 8 June I replaced my existing RAM with two new Crucial sticks mainly as preparation for P3D v4. When I first booted it up after replacing the memory I noticed a LED code on the mobo - A0 which equates to IDE initialization is started but despite leaving the BIOS alone this doesn't seem to have been an issue.

I rebooted the PC, performed a Windows Memory Check and it found nothing. Loaded the flight from an AutoSave and it was fine for the remainder of the flight.

Is this just a one-off glitch or something more worrying? The PC has been very stable since I bought the memory and I've flown perhaps 30-40 flights all without issue.

Might that LED code be telling me to do something? The PC was professionally built and overclocked so I don't really want to go into the BIOS.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The BSOD was because of a bad memory stick. It was under warranty and the replacement arrived today. After running MemTest zero errors were found. Problem solved.