Sign in to follow this  
FTD1949

Bad FPS at KBOS v2

Guest ranco1

Ok, I know I already posted something similar to this, but would it be possible to convert the texture files for KBOSv2 to any other format so my fps would increase. If so, what format. What program could I use?? I get bad fps because of the flight1 atr, the only reason I fly it is because FS2crew is darn fun with that plane.Alexhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

KBOS should be very frame rate friendly already. George and his group are some of the best in the business at making detailed, frame rate friendly airports. It runs very well for me, even with Ultimate Traffic at 100%, though I have replaced most of the AI models with Aardvark, FSPainter, CDAI and so on. I have not tried the ATR at Boston, but the PMDG products, as well as the Level-D, and Dreamfleet 727 work for just fine for me at KBOS. I don't fly the ATR much as I do have some frame rate issues with it. I know there are things you can configure on the ATR to make it run better, though I have never gotten around to trying them. I'm not putting down the ATR, I am just saying it is very demanding of my PC as it is currently configured. It is a wonderful aircraft.Tony

Alex,First of all system specs would be of great help if you want someoneto tell you why you are getting bad FPS and also what the FPS is you aregetting.Craig