Sign in to follow this  
delta november

fuel mixture in the default Bravo

I fly the default Mooney Bravo most of the time. (haven't yet gotten anyof the add on aircraft).I used to have the Fly! sim and in the guide it said that proper mixturewas reached by leaning out the mixture to peak ####. when I do this inthe Bravo I keep getting the message that the engines are losing powerdue to improper mixture. If I hit the key it tells me to then it willadjust the mixture to a lower ####.Am I wrong when I think 'lean mixture to peak ####' or has the simulator just got some modeling problems in this area?I just keep auto mixture enabled. It works but I'm curious what it isin reality.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

this is slightly ridiculous.the #### in the above post is the acronym for Turbine Inlet Tempurature.ohh brother!!

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Guest Tophatter

You have to be careful when adjusting the mixture knob to get peak Turbine Inlet Temp, if you go too lean you will lose power and that may be what you are seeing. Do slight adjustments then watch the guage.Bud

Guest allcott

For climb you want peak FUEL FLOW (the over-rich mixture acts as a supplemental coolant). Then for cruise you adjust for peak T.I.T in increments - it takes a while for the gauge to respond. Take a few minutes and use the scroll wheel on the mouse over the mixture lever to get fine adjustment.Allcott

Cool!thank ya'll very much. I'll turn off the auto mixture and try it again.