Sign in to follow this  
branks737

Is it possible to adjusting ground friction?

I know this is not a PMDG issue but was wondering if there are ways to adjust the ground friction for the PMDG 737ngx (P3Dv4)???? Previously I used frictionality when I was using P3Dv3 and it worked great, however its not compatible now with P3Dv4. I have also read about the dynamic lua script for FSUIPC, however after reading other posts on this forum it appears that isn't compatible with P3Dv4 either.

I don't know if it's just me but it is incredibly easy to stop the 737ngx in dry conditions, whether fully loaded or not. It appears as though I only need about 1000ft of runway to completely stop a fully loaded 737ngx.

My most recent flight in dry conditions I had a touch down speed of 160kts and managed to get to a complete stop using about half of a 2400ft runway (so around 1000-1200ft). Does this sound right?????

The conditions for the above flight were dry overcast. 21 kt cross wind, gusting to 34. Flaps 30, auto brake 1 (I did not use toe brake) touch down speed 160kts, (Gross weight 79.5, ZFW 59.3), reverse thrust till 80kts and auto spoilers were armed.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 hours ago, branks737 said:

I know this is not a PMDG issue but was wondering if there are ways to adjust the ground friction for the PMDG 737ngx (P3Dv4)????

PMDG introduced a new ground friction model for the 747, which they then brought to the 777. Many of us are hoping that they'll do the same for the NGX but we have no official word to this effect from PMDG yet. I also haven't seen anything regarding a possible adaptation of the LUA script to v4. So other than waiting, I don't know that there's anything we users can do to change the ground friction.

Fair enough thanks, I guess we just wait. What I've started to do now is leave the auto brakes to off, use reverse thrust up until 80kts, disengage reverse thrust then apply toe brakes. It chews up more runway and feels more realistic.