Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Another tutorial question

On page 83 it says I should get a white HOLD annunciation but it's green.  I notice the same thing happens in the 747 too. What should it be, white or green?  Thanks and sorry for the dumb questions you guys.

Jack Sawyer

Jack, FCOM 4.20.5.  Might as well start to learn how to find basic information in the FCOM... it is all there.  Just takes time to become familiar with how to find it.  In this case I scanned the pages quickly until I saw an illustration of the PFD and then found the FMA which led me to Ch 4 and the answer. Took less time than I am taking to type this encouragement to dig into that seemingly huge set of books.

Stuff in White is armed, Green is active.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan, I know I could have done the same but I'm talking about tutorial number one.

It was not white, ever.

And believe me, I scrupulously followed it to the letter 

Jack Sawyer

3 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks Dan, I know I could have done the same but I'm talking about tutorial number one.

It was not white, ever.

And believe me, I scrupulously followed it to the letter 

Well then it went immediately to HOLD. This is normal.  The armed state may occur if the throttles need to move up or down to get to where they can go into HOLD mode.  HOLD mode simply means the pilot can move the throttles because the A/T has been put on HOLD (in the old days we could phone calls on hold).

Dan Downs KCRP