Sign in to follow this  
Moonwolf

FFX Refill station problem

I am trying to set up my Refill Station not to start auto-refill until I am within range.

I have set the model 100 ft. from my position and Max. distance for auto-refill to 0.

This works fine but no refill is ever done.

If I set Max. distance to e.g. 1, then auto-refill will happen although I am 99 ft. from the model?

My goal is to place a Dip tank, where I can hover and auto-refill.

Thanks

Michael

1 hour ago, Moonwolf said:

I am trying to set up my Refill Station not to start auto-refill until I am within range.

I have set the model 100 ft. from my position and Max. distance for auto-refill to 0.

This works fine but no refill is ever done.

If I set Max. distance to e.g. 1, then auto-refill will happen although I am 99 ft. from the model?

My goal is to place a Dip tank, where I can hover and auto-refill.

Thanks

Michael

Hello Michael,

the station model distance in the Settings dialog is the distance of the 3D model from the refill spot, not from you. If you want it to be in the exact same spot where the refill happens, set the distance to 0. This was done so you can have more complex or shifted models correctly aligned, for example tanks with hoses trailing from them.

As a consequence, the distance when the autorefill starts is the distance from you to the refill spot and not to the model (as you can see in the status bar at the bottom of the main window or in the sim). Setting it 0ft can't work, it causes an error. I have noted this as a bug. But generally speaking you will never manage to put your aircraft in exactly the same position lat/lon wise as the refill spot, so 0 doesn't really make sense anyway.

For your scenario you place the dip tank model at distance 0 from the refill spot and the max auto refill distance to the radius of the tank. This is assuming that the center of your 3D tank model is the 0,0,0 datum reference point in the simulator. If it is off to a side you can adjust with the station model distance controls. If the tank has a diameter of 20ft, then setting auto refill distance to 10 means, that if the datum reference point of your aircraft is inside a 10ft circle around the refill spot, refilling starts automatically. Which, btw. is not terribly realistic. Helicopter pilots using FFX often use the parking brake option to start and stop the refill pump.

Best regards

LORBY-SI