Sign in to follow this  
rooitou

Does not see FSX Steam

I'm trying out SimLauncherX mainly to chart frame rates and VAS. I have FSX boxed, FSX Steam, P3D v3 and P3D v4 installed. When I launched SLX the first time, I only ticked the P3D v3 box because that is where I needed monitoring the most (ORBX installed). So everything went smooth and after a long process of building the database, I could do some testing and it seemed to work well.

Now I would like to try it in FSX Steam as well, but try as I might, I cannot get SLX to "see" FSX Steam, never mind monitor it. When I start FSX Steam, i just get a red sim connect status light, ie no connection.

When I go to "Global settings" and tick the FSX Steam box and untick the P3D V3 box and then run "rebuild all" database, it still only creates the P3D V3 database, completely ignoring FSX Steam. When I look at the "Global settings" tab after restarting, it shows both P3Dv3 and FSX Steam ticked, even though I unticked P3D v3. It seems that SLX is now hardwired to only use P3D V3 and nothing else.

How do I get it to also track FSX Steam, or FSX or P3D V4 in addition to P3D V3. Or must one do a complete uninstall and reinstall of SLX each time you want it to track a different simulator?

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

Hi ??,

Please follow the forum rule and sign your post with your real name.

To answer your question: you have to activate the FSX-SE profile in the Profiles window.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Thanks, that worked perfectly. I'll use SLX some more and if I find other features of use will make donation. So far I'm just interested in VAS and FPS monitoring and was actually hoping that one can overlay one flight's data over another in the graphs, to compare changes made in settings, different aircraft, weather etc.

I think the real name rule only applies to Commercial Members/developers, to protect us poor innocent gamers from being exploited by faceless scammers ;-) But you can call me Rooitou, that's close enough to my real name.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

Sorry ??,

Sorry, but it's me who sets the rules here and I'm not going to call you Rooitou. It's clearly stated in this pinned post.

You can compare different datasets yourself by exporting the results to a .csv, .xls, .png, .kml, .docx or .pdf file.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg