Sign in to follow this  
DMouse

Operations Center not there

9 minutes ago, DMouse said:

So it is not Norton but your installer!!

Based on your narrative, I'm not sure I agree. Our later (current) installers simply install the updater, and at the conclusion of the install process have the updater run to grab the latest version of the OC.

Norton will stop this. So, yes, it is, in fact, Norton causing your issue of not getting the OC.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

18 minutes ago, DMouse said:

So it is not Norton but your installer!!

Uh, no... 

If it really was the installer - the would be dozens and millions of posts, complaints, tickets regarding this issue. Come one - basic faultfinding rules here. Since that isn't the case, you have to assume, that it's on your end, something's wrong. 

Please try following the most basic troubleshooting rules. Also, full names are required on the PMDG forum.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

So, the installer does not install the Operations center, yes? the Updater gets it online when it runs, correct. I have checked the permissions in the Updater and set them all to allow, and have removed Norton, it is still not downloading a new Operations Center. I moved my current operations center to a temp folder and ran again and still it did not download a new operations center. 

But at least now I know not to expect the installer itself to do anything. I do find it a bit bizarre that the installer does not have a current Operations Center in it to start with!

5 minutes ago, DMouse said:

I do find it a bit bizarre that the installer does not have a current Operations Center in it to start with!

Interestingly, it would be more bizarre to expect that an installer - which is necessarily frozen in time - would be able to have a 'current' OC in it. The whole reason we only put the OC updater on your machine is to ensure you're only getting the latest version of the OC, and not some old version. It's a standalone product (the OC). To try and coordinate keeping both the installer up to date for the aircraft itself and any change to the OC would be a nightmare...ergo, we put the updater on the end user system and have their system grab the latest version, provided it has the permission and access to do so (which is not in our control - that's all you).

If you go into the folder with the updater in it, right click it, and select Run as Administrator, what happens?

Also: please note that it's a forum requirement to include your name in your posts.

Kyle Rodgers