Sign in to follow this  
mtrainer

Joystick Doesn't Work When Main Window Focus is Lost

It seems before (a few months ago) I could change focus to another application/screen and still be able to have control inputs into the control of the aircraft via the joystick (In this case a Warthog Thrustmaster).  Now when I switch focus to another app, for instance a ChasePlane menu on another popup that exists on a different monitor, I can't continue to control the aircraft with the joystick.  It provides no control inputs while the focus is on the 2nd screen.  I have to click back into the main FS window for the joystick to again provide input via the joystick.  Nearly killed 166 fine folks leaving Lake Tahoe earlier tonight, and 2 seasoned crew members and 15+ extremely upset passengers ruined their underwear before recovery was initiated.  It wasn't like this a month ago but unfortunately I had to reinstall most stuff after a major boo-boo of my own doing about a week ago.  I went through the menu options in Prepar3D but couldn't find anything that sounded applicable.  It's my last hurdle to getting things back to 100% as they were.

Any ideas?

Mark Trainer

( Nearly 100% success landing rate nearly anywhere in the world but for some reason suck at landing at ORBX Telluride in the Colorado mountains- it's hard! - try it...)

OK, replying to my own topic perhaps this will work for someone else.

After reinstalling Prepar3D V4, it appears FSUIPC5 became uninstalled.   I reinstalled FSUIPC (and didn't touch a single setting in there), and now the joystick works even when the focus changes to a different window on a 2nd monitor.

Happy Flying, I'm taking the BBJ party plane from Las Vegas to Telluride today.

Mark Trainer

36533427371_fca9572947_b.jpg

43 minutes ago, mtrainer said:

I'm taking the BBJ party plane from Las Vegas to Telluride today.

That looks like the same BBJ I have parked on the ramp at KCRP and have flown around the world with it.

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, downscc said:

That looks like the same BBJ I have parked on the ramp at KCRP and have flown around the world with it.

Yep Dan!  It was your picture of this plane a month or so ago that inspired me to get it!  I love the paint job.  This jet is only frequenting the party cities, and has an interior with ALL the amenities!

There was a small change of plans with the destination, although I own the ORBX Telluride Airport and love the approach, after studying skyvector a bit I decided to fly to Grand Canyon Airport instead.  Instead of taking a direct flight, gave all the friends in the back the scenic tour and headed out East over Lake Meade and then pretty much followed the Colorado River (yes, this definitely the long way) until I was 45 nm from Grand Canyon Airport.  It's currently parked there getting the bar restocked.

Taking a plane around the world is one of my goals in FS....maybe this is the bird to do it in.

Mark Trainer

PS.  This is the first picture I've ever posted to AVSIM, I'm up to speed thanks to Poppet's great instructions.

Edited by mtrainer
Added PS section

On 8/18/2017 at 9:35 PM, mtrainer said:

It seems before (a few months ago) I could change focus to another application/screen and still be able to have control inputs into the control of the aircraft via the joystick (In this case a Warthog Thrustmaster).  Now when I switch focus to another app, for instance a ChasePlane menu on another popup that exists on a different monitor, I can't continue to control the aircraft with the joystick.  It provides no control inputs while the focus is on the 2nd screen.  I have to click back into the main FS window for the joystick to again provide input via the joystick. ...

I have the exact same problem since reinstalling P3D from scratch for 4.4. Never had the problem before. Yet I never had FSUIPC installed, neither then nor now.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Matthias - KCOS
         Sim: P3D 4.5, UTX V2, ORBX Base openLC NA EU, ASP3D, TOGA, RealityXP, SPAD.neXt, Carenado GA
          PC: i9-11900k, RTX 3090, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E
Home Cockpit: Honeycomb AFC, Thrustmaster T.Flight, RealSimGear GNS530, Logitech FIP FMP FRP FSP FTQ*2, 3x55" 4K TVs (View), 26" 21:9 (Gauges)

14 hours ago, Matthias1231 said:

I have the exact same problem since reinstalling P3D from scratch for 4.4. Never had the problem before. Yet I never had FSUIPC installed, neither then nor now.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Please review the forum rules and start a new thread and instead of stating you have the exact same problem please describe in detail your problem. It is better to do this than asking another user that may wish to help you to go back and read all the old posts to see what the original problem was and then wonder if you have exact same thing, only then learn that it is not.

Dan Downs KCRP