Hi

Just discovered this Little Gem - Little NavMap.  I am wondering if it is possible to create a radar type background display and also to make the AI Labels and Airport Labels transparent, similar to Intersections and NavAids?

Many thanks ands regards

Ken

Complete and utter insurrection

Hi Ken,

On 24.8.2017 at 1:24 PM, ScottecLEMD said:

radar type background display

You have an example? 

On 24.8.2017 at 1:24 PM, ScottecLEMD said:

AI Labels and Airport Labels transparent, similar to Intersections and NavAids?

I can add a transparency setting (on/off) in the option dialog for each type like airport, vor, etc. Have to see when I can squeeze that in.

Alex

Hi Alex

Thanks for getting back to me.  If I could find a way to add an image I could give you an example. 

If you have ever loaded up Flightaware Live Tracker, their system uses a blue on blue colour scheme, very simple with basically just the coastline.  I guess with less features displayed this might make the loading quicker? 

For VFR flying the other map options are great!  The CARTO Light option is what I use for IFR as it displays the main info I like to see without all the ground information and is more or less what I would like to see.  I tried the CARTO Dark option but...it was too dark ;-)

I think then the an amended CARTO Light would be great with the see as dark blue and the landmass a lighter blue with a contrast for the coastline and boundaries?

The reason for asking for transparent labels, similar to the intersection/waypoints is that the grey backgrounds on the other labels create a time delay when loading.

Hope this information helps.

Best regards

Ken

Complete and utter insurrection

Hi Ken,

you have to upload an image to an image hoster like imgur.com. Then paste the link into the post here. Avsim does not allow direct image upload.

Now the problem with these online maps is that I cannot change them. I display pre-rendered image tiles from a map server.

All I can do is overlay the map with a transparent rectangle to darken or lighten the map as I do when using the night mode. Would it help to allow that always, not only for the night mode?

Another option would be to create a modifed offline map like the "Plain" with colors adapted to look like the flightaware map. See my quick hack below. Resolution is very limited at lower zoom levels, though.

But that needs the label colors adapted too,VORs are barely visible, etc.

Alex

7bqbgIT.jpg