Sign in to follow this  
FlyBoyMike

S-turns and banking in NGX and AS2016 in P3D

Hi,

I just recently purchased AS2016 and installed it in P3D 3.4.22.19868 running on Windows 10 64-bit and have performed a few test flights in the NGX. I'm experiencing quite negative affects of turbulence on the aircraft once airborne causing it to bank left and right wildly during climb, this gets progressively worse near cruise and almost impossible to maintain straight and level flight. I'm not sure if it's AS2016 causing this or something else such as FSUIPC but I have just updated FSUIPC4 to 4.97 (P3D 3.4) to try and fix it without any success.

So far I've tried the following.

• Turn down turbulence scale, wind turbulence effects, and wake turbulence in AS2016
  • Update FSUIPC
  • Confirmed turbulence and thermal effects are disabled in P3D
  • Confirmed wind smoothing is disabled in FSUIPC

So far this is the only aircraft I've tested with AS2016 and it's been a while since I've flown it but I don't remember these effects being so bad with ASN.

I've also just updated to the latest version of the NGX  (1.20.8413) via Operations Center.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

So managed to work out that it was actually the Ezdok 2.0 profile causing this problem as the effects processor settings send additional turbulence data to AS2016. Turning these down seems to have fixed the problem.

Does anyone who uses Ezdock 2.0 have these settings turned on at all when using AS?

12 minutes ago, FlyBoyMike said:

So managed to work out that it was actually the Ezdok 2.0 profile causing this problem as the effects processor settings send additional turbulence data to AS2016. Turning these down seems to have fixed the problem.

Does anyone who uses Ezdock 2.0 have these settings turned on at all when using AS?

Be sure to install the latest version EZCA2.5 build 11.  http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezca-2-5-for-prepar-4-here_topic58324.html

And it is better not to use the PMDG737 profile, and establish yourself in the effect of the CPU - CORE: HEAVY, HEAD: HEAVY, levels and the effects of turbulence on my screen or smaller values.

CORE.jpg

HEAD_and_Effects.jpg

Thanks for that. I've downloaded the files and copied them to my EZCA2 folder and will give it a try.

Do I still need to keep the 'turbulence effect scale' setting in AS2016 as 35?

1 hour ago, FlyBoyMike said:

Thanks for that. I've downloaded the files and copied them to my EZCA2 folder and will give it a try.

Do I still need to keep the 'turbulence effect scale' setting in AS2016 as 35?

Yes,  35.