Sign in to follow this  
eric5150

USAF Flight Jacket Custom Student Pilot (and other) Patches (looking for feedback)

Hi,

So, I recently went and bought some modern USAF Flight Jackets (CWU-36/P and a CWU-45/P) to wear while flying and out and about during the Fall, Winter, and Spring. I also felt compelled to try to make patches that looked good with the flight jacket for my private pilot training. 

I'm looking for feedback from the community to see if you would tell me what you would want in custom patches if you were to design patches for a flight jacket and to let me know what you think of the ones I have created. I also have posted a picture of the patches modeled on a CWU-45/P picture. See below and let me know what you think. 

If it were popular enough, I have to make an order of more than one patch to get the custom patches made so I might be selling these extras on Ebay or elsewhere. I did the Cessna patch because I'm training in a 152 but also will have a design for a Piper should others be interested. I would also like to make patches for those who are already rated as a Private Pilot, Commercial Pilot, or even ATP if there is interest so that you could replace patches as needed per your rank/experience.

The awesome thing about the modern flight jackets is that they are hook and loop patches so you can customize how you want even when going up ratings in your flying. The patches could also be sewed on other flight jackets (MA-1, A-2, or other customized flight jackets).

The patches should look good to attach on any flight jacket. The biggest thing I want to know is if Civilian Pilot Training looks good on the command patch or not. If not, what would you put there.

Anyhow...let me know. Please note that I mean no disrepect to any of our proud armed forces and look forward to any veteran replies including USAF vets or current.

studentpilotnametag.jpg

Student Pilot Nametag (with Civilian Wings and Cessna type plane logo)

studentpilotpatch.jpg

Student Pilot Shoulder Patch (could be changed for Piper Aircraft Training and also have text changed to Private Pilot, Commercial Pilot, Helicopter Pilot, etc...)

trainingcommandpatch.jpg

This is the command patch replacement for a Cessna Training. Would be edit for others including custom to the aircraft you fly. Looking for ideas on what you would put where it says Civilian Pilot Training.

flightjacketwithcessnapatches.jpg

This is a photoshopped display of how the flight jacket would look like with all of the patches on including the typical 2x3 size American flag on the left shoulder. Flags of other nationalities could be done obviously but I'm proud of the USA so I might be biased.

I invite all feedback as I want something that I think looks good, possibly with others wanting these patches to decorate their flight jackets.

Thanks
Eric

Check out my Real World Flights on the Eric Flight YouTube Channel
Eric Flight YouTube Channel
Check out my Flight Sim Livestreams on Twitch
Eric Flight Twitch Channel
spacer.png