Sign in to follow this  
kbowler

How to delete presets and start afresh

Hi Keven

In defining presets for a new aircraft, (we'll call it aircraft A), I clicked on the top menu and chose the presets for aircraft B which appears to import all the latter's presets, so the "top" label shows  aircraft B not aircraft A.   What I would like to know is how can I get back to this top label showing the loaded aircraft A so I can manually define fresh presets from scratch for this.  If I delete the current individual presets (those imported from aircraft B), it deletes them so they no longer exist in aircraft B when I load it.    What I want to do is break the link between aircraft A and the imported presets for aircraft B, without losing aircraft B's presets, and get the correct name in the top label (i.e aircraft A) with a clean preset page.

I had thought that the label at the top of the preset page was always the aircraft currently loaded and recognised by its folder name as appearing in the Simobjects folder, but this appears not to be the case.    In the past I have imported presets individually using the arrow at the bottom of a preset section, so the aircraft label at the top has remained the name of the loaded aircraft.   Now, having a different top label to the loaded aircraft is a bit confusing.   I hope this makes sense.   

Regards

Keith

Regards

Keith Bowler

Hi,

You can import the Aircraft B presets into Aircraft A by clicking the import button at the bottom of the active preset column. Search for Aircraft B and Press Import All.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven. 

Perhaps I did not explain my problem well enough.  The method you suggest was always the one I used when defining a new aircraft by importing similar views from another aircraft using the import button at the bottom of the page in the active preset column.     I'll explain what actually happened by giving you the specific example.  I was working with the Aerosoft Bombardier CRJ700, and defined inside and outside views for it from scratch.    Next I loaded the Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft, and in my rush to get views to it, I used the pull down menu at the top of the preset page, and clicked on the CRJ700 I had just defined.  This assigned all the views from the CRJ700 to the CRJ900 and changed the label at the top of the page to CRJ700, even the CR900 aircraft is loaded!  Clearly that is a bit confusing and not ideal.     I should have used the method you suggested, in which case, I believe, the label at the top of the page would still be CRJ900!

My problem is now, how can I get back to the original situation, where when the CRJ900 is loaded, the aircraft label at the top of the preset page shows CRJ900 (as given by the aircraft folder names in Simobjects), and the preset page is clear of any views.   I cannot just delete these views for the CRJ900, because I am effectively deleting the views for the CRJ700 (as well as the CRJ900), and in any case, I think the label at the top of the page would still read CRJ700 not CRJ900.

Regards

Keith

Regards

Keith Bowler

Hi Keven

I have the solution though I feel embarrassed to tell you.  In my confusion over another problem with the CRJ and Chaseplane, I must have defined the views for the CRJ700 using the already existing Bombardier profile  "Bombardier CRJ 700" , which is the standard Microsoft CRJ700 in my FSX-SE installation.  I had completely forgotten about that aircraft!     Having defined what I thought was the correct aircraft, I then looked for the equivalent " Bombardier CRJ 900",  to define that.   There was obviously no aircraft of that name, which is why I must have used the former profile for that as well.     The actual aircraft names for the Aerosoft aircraft are, of course,  "Aerosoft CRJ-700" and "Aerosoft CRJ-900", which are in the presets list.  It was staring me in the face all the time!  I can now go ahead and define the correct profiles!   How stupid!   A case of overthinking and just being fixated on the wrong details, or just a senior moment!    Anyway thanks for your help and patience.

Regards

Keith

Regards

Keith Bowler

We all have those moments, no worry Keith, I'm pretty sure this thread will help more than one!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42