Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Using TV as Monitor, Periodic Blackout of Screen, Random Blackout.

Having an interesting but frustrating time with my new TV monitor. 43" Vizio. After a while flying the screen suddenly blacks out and then restores itself. This can happen every few seconds or minutes apart. The screen goes black for a second then restores itself.

I did a google search on this topic and found I am not alone but the solutions provided were not that technical nor made any sense. Most suggesting taking the TV back and getting a replacement, yet this did not solve the problem.

I am running Win7 Professional. I am using a 43" TV monitor and a Samsung computer monitor. Both hooked up to my video card via HDMI. Both running 1920x1080.

Any suggests as to what might be happening? And how to fix.

I somehow think this might be something to do with refresh rate or some other display situation, but I can't figure it out.

As soon as I shut down P3Dv4, everything is fine the TV monitor runs perfectly as a monitor for all other applications.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3