LNM v1.6.3, Win 10, X-Plane 11, 

Hello, I've just found this amazing flight planner et al, however although the map connects with XP 11, I cannot get the scenery database to load and I have read the tutorials and tried numerous times.

I'm missing something obviously, any suggestions would be appreciated.  An error msg appears regarding CIFP airports.

Many thanks,

Bruce

p.s. I have the default custom scenery/global airports DISABLED in the scenery pack.ini; and fly with only quality 'add on' airports in the Custom Scenery folder. 

Hi Bruce,

I already fixed a bug (and some more) that appears when reading certain CIFP files. You can temporary exclude the whole CIFP folder in the options dialog on the tab "Scenery Library Database" until I have a fixed version available. 

Currently I ignore the scenery_packs.ini which means I will show all airports. Your add-on airports are still recognized as add-on (italic name on the map).

Alex

Thanks for your quick response Alex.  I still can't get the database to load though, even when LNM is connected to XP11.  "Database Empty" is shown after the tool has run.  I wonder if my eset fire wall is blocking it ?

Cheers,

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

you don't have to be connected (at least not in the connection dialog) to load the database. 

Just to be sure we're not missing something obvious and I understand correctly (I'm a bit slow at times :smile:):

Do you run a networked setup or is LNM on the same computer as X-Plane?

Did you exclude the CIFP directory which causes the crash in the options dialog? Make sure that you did not exclude the whole X-Plane directory accidentally.

You selected the base path to X-Plane in the "Load Scenery Dialog" and started to load?

Did it show a dialog stating an error, did it silently crash to desktop or did it finish successfully?

You could send me the log file of a loading session per email (mail address on my home page) if it still does not work. The link to the log is in the about dialog of LNM.

Alex

Hello Alex, so this is what I did. 

1. Put eset fire wall into interactive mode and then saved the requested communications flagged by eset as I went.

2. Blocked Custom Data/CIFP in the Database tool.

Database loaded first time, XP11 connected, and now I'm away to learn the map and IFR flight plan basics. 

Thanks very much for your help.

Cheers,

Bruce

Perfect. Glad it is working now.

I'm preparing an update that will fix the CIFP loading problems and some other crashes. The program will give you a notification on startup if something newer is available.

Alex

hi im having same problem is there eny were to run the database manager again if i try to run little nav map it wont run the database thanks paul 

@paulg54321

Do you get an error message of any kind?
Are you sure you use 2.2.3 (about dialog)?

You can run the database manager at any time by selecting main menu -> "Scenery Library" -> "Load scenery library".

If all fails load the scenery library and then send me the log file. The log file is linked in the about dialog. Email contact can be found on my home page (see my signature).

Alex

I’ve a similar issue. I’m new to little navmap.

i run FSX-se on W10 (1809). I installed little NAVmap on a MacBook. I can connect to FSX on the w10 machine and see my plane on NavMap. 

But navmap does not show any airports. The statusbar shows a ‘empty database’ message. 

What do I do wrong? I cannot load any scenery library.

Edited by HenkN

Hi, another such question, I'm afraid. Data: x-plane 11 on brand new iMac 27 inch desktop, LNM and XP on same computer. Have specified the CIFP folder to be ignored. Use version 2.2.4. Loading process generates NO errors, just no content, so the message reads: database empty. Any suggestions you may have? Thanks, Bert

Hi Bert,

the loading process should take one to three minutes depending on add-on airports. Everything shorter than a minute is a problem.

Why did you exclude the CIFP? What happens if you don't do that? Maybe a bug in LNM which excludes more than expected...
Base folder to X-Plane (where the executable is) set and OK?

BTW: LNM 2.2.4 has a bug which needs you to switch from FSX to XP in the scenery library menu before loading. Otherwise LNM will try to load FSX despite X-Plane selected in the loading dialog.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Sorry to bother you. Including or excluding CIFP makes no difference. I have re-checked but the path to X-plane is set correctly (on my desktop). I have checked in the menu, all is set towards x-plane 11. Result: it takes zero seconds to come up with an empty database. Alas, so far.

Regards, Bert

Edited by Schollema
spelling error