LNM v1.6.3, Win 10, X-Plane 11, 

Hello, I've just found this amazing flight planner et al, however although the map connects with XP 11, I cannot get the scenery database to load and I have read the tutorials and tried numerous times.

I'm missing something obviously, any suggestions would be appreciated.  An error msg appears regarding CIFP airports.

Many thanks,

Bruce

p.s. I have the default custom scenery/global airports DISABLED in the scenery pack.ini; and fly with only quality 'add on' airports in the Custom Scenery folder. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Bruce,

I already fixed a bug (and some more) that appears when reading certain CIFP files. You can temporary exclude the whole CIFP folder in the options dialog on the tab "Scenery Library Database" until I have a fixed version available. 

Currently I ignore the scenery_packs.ini which means I will show all airports. Your add-on airports are still recognized as add-on (italic name on the map).

Alex

Thanks for your quick response Alex.  I still can't get the database to load though, even when LNM is connected to XP11.  "Database Empty" is shown after the tool has run.  I wonder if my eset fire wall is blocking it ?

Cheers,

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

you don't have to be connected (at least not in the connection dialog) to load the database. 

Just to be sure we're not missing something obvious and I understand correctly (I'm a bit slow at times :smile:):

Do you run a networked setup or is LNM on the same computer as X-Plane?

Did you exclude the CIFP directory which causes the crash in the options dialog? Make sure that you did not exclude the whole X-Plane directory accidentally.

You selected the base path to X-Plane in the "Load Scenery Dialog" and started to load?

Did it show a dialog stating an error, did it silently crash to desktop or did it finish successfully?

You could send me the log file of a loading session per email (mail address on my home page) if it still does not work. The link to the log is in the about dialog of LNM.

Alex

Hello Alex, so this is what I did. 

1. Put eset fire wall into interactive mode and then saved the requested communications flagged by eset as I went.

2. Blocked Custom Data/CIFP in the Database tool.

Database loaded first time, XP11 connected, and now I'm away to learn the map and IFR flight plan basics. 

Thanks very much for your help.

Cheers,

Bruce

Perfect. Glad it is working now.

I'm preparing an update that will fix the CIFP loading problems and some other crashes. The program will give you a notification on startup if something newer is available.

Alex