Sign in to follow this  
jialarcon

DUAL SYSTEM FSX / P3DV4

I use EZDOC camera in a FSX Acceleration install on a SSD. My EZDOC setting is finely tuned for a lot of airplanes.

I would like now to transition to P3DV4 and use Chase Plane on a different SSD. At the same time I would like to keep FSX running.

I remember months ago trying to do that (to a P3Dv2.5 version) and after installing Chase Plane my FSX's EZDOC was completely removed without any previous warning. I also remember it was a pain to set up again my EZDOC camera settings...

I would like to know if this has been solved so I can keep a FSX / EZDOC  and a P3Dv4 / Chase Plane in the same computer ( on different SSDs)

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Jose

Jose,

the times when you needed the Sim to be on a separate drive from the OS are gone.....you can keep everything on one SSD without any performance loss. So if you have already planned to have a second SSD my suggestion is you use it for a complete OS + P3D system, so you will have two totally independent systems, one for FSX and one for P3D and you can use whatever you want on each sim without any chance of interference with the other one. 

regards

ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

OK, so I can't use EZdoc with FSX and ChasePlane with P3D. I understand that as I launch ChasePlane, even if I am going to use it only in P3D it will uninstall Ezdoc, right ?