Hi,

Following a reconfiguration of my system - an upgrade of SSD - FSX would not work and required reloading. I decided to move on and purchase P3Dv4 which I now have running; however, I was dismayed that I had to repurchase PMDG 737NGX. Thankfully, all my UK scenery could be upgraded without further additional costs - thank you Gary!  Since I always fly with real weather, I wanted the same for P3Dv4 and so purchased Active Sky 2017.  I have tried to link the 2 programs - I want to run Active Sky from a networked computer - but without any success.

I would be really grateful if a fellow flight-simmer could provide a step-by-step guide as to how I should get the 2 programs to operate together.  My primary (flight simulator) computer operates on Windows 7 and my supporting computer operates Windows 10 - computers are linked on a home network.  Both computers have high end specifications.

Grateful for your help.

Regards, BJT

Just going through the unofficial forum here at AVSIM, have you found a solution to your issue?  There is a guide on how to network 2 PC's which allow's ASP4 to display live weather on your server (sim) PC.

Here is the KB article listed at the HiFi forum:  http://hifisupport.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/6/0/instructions-for-networked-configuration-with-simconnect

Thanks!

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.  I have looked at this site but it looks rather dated.  What I really need is a list of file/folders and where they should be located - client or server.  I have tried to follow the advice on utube by Frooglesim and Dano but without success. 

All this started when I upgraded my SSD from 256GB to 512GB.  The shop that did this had problems and had to reload Windows 7 Professional with the result was that I lost all my FSX files etc.  No matter, I thought, this would be an excellent time to switch to P3DV4 and Active Sky running on different computers.  After spending a lot of money on the new software and upgrading programs such a PMDG 737ng, I still do not have a fully operational sim using real wx.

I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Best wishes for the New Year.

BJT

32 minutes ago, barrytitchen said:

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.  I have looked at this site but it looks rather dated.  What I really need is a list of file/folders and where they should be located - client or server.  I have tried to follow the advice on utube by Frooglesim and Dano but without success. 

Best wishes for the New Year.

BJT

Hello,

Sorry to be reading about your PC issues.  The sole developer of ActiveSky at that time wrote the article in the hope that users would follow the instructions for ActiveSky to run on a network as HiFi does not provide SimConnect Support, that is now provided by Lockheed Martin.  The developer (Damian) at HiFI wrote the help "KB" article that I linked to at the HiFi ActiveSky website for those who requested a networked ActiveSky programme. 

The KB article was written when FSX was the main player in the FS world, references to that can be replaced with Prepar3D.  SimConnect is/was a component of Microsoft ESP and is now part of LM Preapar3D.   

The files and folders which a user is required to search for are included in the address string's which are listed.  For example:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X (or your FSX/P3D installation folder)

From your client PC browse to your server (FlightSim PC) and share the Flight Simulator Folder etc.   

\Robert Hamlich/