Sign in to follow this  
brucemarten

Autopilot Disconnect And Keypad 4 and 6

Enjoying the B737 for P3D v4.  With Chaseplane installed and looking left and right assigned to the #s 4 and 6 respectively on the keypad, when I look past 90 degrees left or right, the autopilot fails and the plane rolls in the direction of the keypad number.  The roll will increase or decrease somewhat after that depending on how I continue to use #s 4 and 6.  Short term solution - DON'T do that (ok).  Long term, does anyone know if there is a keypad # command associated with 4 or 6 with this aircraft?  I didn't see any mapping to the basic P3D v4 that would do this (though ctrl + 4 and ctrl +6 = aileron trim which may be the problem but I'm not pressing "control") .  No big deal, but any solution would be welcome of course.  Thanks!

New information: Chaseplane had nothing to do with it.  I disconnected Chaseplane and pressed 4 and 6 anyway - and the autopilot disconnected and the plane rolled.  Sorry Chaseplane!  You are not the problem - or the solution for this one.

Edited by brucemarten
Further testing and findings

if  the keys  are  assigned  to  roll   which  looks  like  you have  will  turn  of  the  autopilot off,  since  any movement  of  any  control  surfaces will  do it.  Maybe  you had  the num  lock on  by  any  chance?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks for the idea, but numbers lock was off.  I did notice that while typing a document using the Word program I can move the cursor left and right using 4 and 6 as well.  I think rather than try and figure out the cause, the simple answer for me is to set arrow keys in Chaseplane for left and right.

Edited by brucemarten
Noun correction

Hmm, with Chaseplane on or off, and using arrow keys left and right to pan in those directions, when the panning exceeds 90 degrees (or close to that) the plane rolls in that same direction just as it did using the keypad #s.  That surprised me.