Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Some major issues with PSXTraffic

Hi Nico,

Thanks for your fine program. I have tested it now on my PC and have some issues I like to address.

My setup spec:

1. Windows 10

2. P3Dv4

3. AI liveries based on UT Live and built with WRMGenerator.

4. The PSX programs are the latest version avaiable at 2017-10-06.

At the airports I get a lot of liveries that should not be there ( Southwest at ESSA as an example). 

Shouldn't I get only liveries that is correct for this airfiled? Do you have any idea of why this is happening? Does it set up parking airplanes with random liveries?

Airplanes are taxiing outside the taxiways.

Airplanes are landing on the side of the runways.

Airplanes are landing short of the runways.

Airplanes are landing under the runways.

Airplanes disappear suddenly after landing ( Transponder off ?)

I find the program very good for airplanes in the air, but on the ground it is an immerive killer and not very useful. 

Is it possible for you to let your program take control over the airplanes at a certain distance from the runways and make sure they make a proper landing and ground handling.

If that could be acheived, the program would be fully operational and be the best AI program on the market.

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Hi Roar,

Most of the issues you are mentioning are described in the Manual, section1.4 Known Issues ...

>At the airports I get a lot of liveries that should not be there ( Southwest at ESSA as an example). 

That depends on how many liveries you have installed. What is your OK%? I know people who have 100% OK at EHAM....

>Is it possible for you to let your program take control over the airplanes at a certain distance from the runways and make sure they make a proper landing and ground handling.

I already do that, a landing is based on Altitude above ground measurements. In my opinion this goes well most of the times. Taxiing is another story. I have to rely on the (sometimes) inaccurate position data in the RealTraffic stream. PSXseeconTrafic knows nothing of airport layout. If aircraft continuously taxi besides the taxiways then your airport designer did not do a very good job. However, if you try FlyTampa Copenhagen, you will see that the live aircrfat follow the yellow lines accurately... Same with FlyTampa EHAM.

Regards,

Nico