Sign in to follow this  
jcalvert

Save control assignments

Hi, is there any way to save different sets of control assignments. I use a yolk for my aircraft flying and a saitek X52 joystick for heli flying. That means I have to re-set the hat assignments each time I switch craft.

It would be useful to save different sets of key / joystick assignments with the views!

GREAT PRODUCT - by the way!

• Upvote 1

(This answer is only specific to FSX and doesn't include any other addon facilities, ie you can't tie it in to a specific view.)

There is a fairly easy way of solving this problem. All the control settings are saved in a file called standard.xml in the FSX main directory. (I don't use that other version of FSX so don't know what it is in P????

After you have made changes to the control settings you simple copy the standard.xml to some other location and rename it, such as "two_engine.xml" or whatever you want to use. 

Then when you wish to use it copy the "two_engine.xml" , or whatever, to the FSX main directory and rename to "standard.xml". It is also a good idea to make a copy of "standard.xml"  before you do any of this!

Good Luck

Malcolm Wright