Sign in to follow this  
stinger2k2

How to Upload a new module

I don’t have time to respond fully now but read the LINDA release notes. For 3.0.3 you can use the Maintenance page to install a module automatically. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Stinger

Thank you for uploading your new module. You caught off guard there. Your module contains too many files which I would ask you to correct and repost the module. When issuing a new module it is important that no existing user configuration files are overwritten (to avoid complaints mostly from Guenseli). Only those files listed below should be included.

The correct structure is:

/LINDA

...... /aircrafts

.............. /{aircraft name}

........................ /actions.lua

........................ /ident.lua

........................ /readme.txt

........................ /{aircraft name}-functions.txt -- generated by using link

/LINDA-CFG

...... /aircrafts

.............. /{aircraft name}

........................ /config-mcp.default   -- if available

........................ /config-mcp2.default   -- if available

........................ /config-mcp2a.default   -- if available

........................ /config-user.default   -- if available

There is an automatic means to create this structure via the Maintenance page which needs further work but is useable. To generate a new module from your system:

• Select your aircraft from the aircraft dropdown (top of page).
  • Press and hold CTRL and double click on the Maintenance link.
  • If you own a VRi Combo panel, clicking on Create MCP Config Files to generate the config-mcp.lua and config-mcp2a.lua from the your config-mcp2.lua setup.
  • Again if you own a VRi Combo Panel, clicking on Create MCP Default Files will convert the above config-mcpX.lua to config-mcpX.default files.
  • Under Export Aircraft Module, click on Select Target Folder and use directory point to where the module is to be saved.
  • Click on Export New Module. This will place all the required files in a folder named {aircraft name}-version_number.txt.
  • Use Explorer to check all the files listed above are present.
  • Zip the folder ready for posting.

If you have any questions please come back to me.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I have no files in my linda-cfg matching those you suggest so shall i just post the linda folder zipped?

Cheers

Keith

P.s sorry, i am doing this manually as i dont want to update my LINDA at this stage.

Hi Stinger

Even if you do not have the named files (config-mcpX.default) in LINDA-CFG, you do need the 2 nested folders so that LINDA can save the user's configuration files.

What version of LINDA are you currently using? I can only support the latest released version.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

17 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

Hi Stinger

Even if you do not have the named files (config-mcpX.default) in LINDA-CFG, you do need the 2 nested folders so that LINDA can save the user's configuration files.

What version of LINDA are you currently using? I can only support the latest released version.

Andrew,

Please could you check the new link i have posted. Unfortunately for some reason i am unable to edit the original post to delete the first link. 

I am currently on 2.8.9. I will update at some point but i am concentrating on other parts of the cockpit at present.

Cheers

Stinger 

New link copied to original post. I’ve locked the thread so email/pm me with any updates. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK