Sign in to follow this  
Chrisflysim

Xplane 11 all planes veering left on take off

Help please. I am new to xplane 11 & i have bought a hotas warthog joystick & throttle. I have calibrated it many times & no matter what i do it will veer to the left strongly on take off. The bigger jets are even worse & uncontrollable even using yaw.

thanks in advance.

It seems that for some users, X-Plane 11 loads with nose wheel steering turned off.  This would make most aircraft very ineffective at steering at low speeds, with the torque causing the veering.

Have a look in your keyboard settings in XP11, and somewhere in there, there's an assignment for toggling nosewheel steering on and off.  Assign a key to it, press it once when you have an aircraft fully loaded in XP11 and then see if it steers more successfully.   You should only have to do this once, and hopefully XP11 will keep the setting 'on'.

Good luck!

• Upvote 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Thanks JYW that helped massively, also ive noticed on bigger jets the default is only working 2 engines on one side instead of 4 , coupled with the nose steering problem it was uncontrollable, I adjusted the settings & now all four engines work correctly.Single engine planes still veer to the left slightly but i believe this is normal. Bit of yaw fixed that. Think i need to invest in some rudder pedals. Thanks for your help.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chrisflysim said:

Thanks JYW that helped massively, also ive noticed on bigger jets the default is only working 2 engines on one side instead of 4 , coupled with the nose steering problem it was uncontrollable, I adjusted the settings & now all four engines work correctly.Single engine planes still veer to the left slightly but i believe this is normal. Bit of yaw fixed that. Think i need to invest in some rudder pedals. Thanks for your help.

It's a pleasure Chris, glad things have improved.  Personally I feel that the left yawing tendency in X-Plane 11, whilst being realistic in principal, is a bit overdone!   Yes, I agree that rudder pedals are probably needed more in X-Plane 11 than in any other flight sim.    Getting some will increase your enjoyment a lot!   I picked up some cheap Saitek ones from eBay about 4 years ago for £40 ($55) and they're still going strong.  They're nothing flash but they do the job  :)

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

On 10/27/2017 at 3:09 AM, Chrisflysim said:

Im having the same problem, and what do you mean by only two engines working? How can i fix it myself?