Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stryker

How to stop the MS Survey?

Guest Stryker

I don't know if MS is still collecting usage info from flight sim. I still have that web page that comes up after every session with the mini-questionnaire on it.Whenever I click on the link "go here to the FS2004 Survey Homepage" or whatever it says, I get an error stating "You are not authorized to view this page, your IP address has been blacklisted." (paraphrased)I cannot think of anything I could have possibly done to give anyone cause to block my IP (though it's dynamic so that may have something to do with it). Whatever the reason though, that page that I cannot get to contained the instructions for ending participation in the survey.I know it was something simple, like deleting one or two files somewhere. I don't mind continuing to participate in the survey, but if they're not going to use my info, I might as well get it off my system. Does anyone have the info for doing this?

Guest Rockcliffe

Apparently, the survey is long since over. Nice of them to tell us. You can remove the fslog.dll from you fs folder, though I can't remember if it's in the main folder or the modules folder. I think I also trashed my old fs9.cfg file (make a back up first) and let FS regenerate a new one without the fslog stuff.I'm going by memory here, so you may want to search the forums. It came up a few months ago.BlairCYOW(I'm still waiting for Bill Gates to email me and say: 'Thanks for taking part in the survey. As a reward, we'd like you to be an FSX beta tester, lol)

Thanks Jay, exacltly what I've been looking for :-) George

Guest Toni Rauch

I found it in the add/remove programs section of Windows Control Panel, called "Flight Simulator Logs"Hope this helps.Toni.