Sign in to follow this  
divinglyc

No effect seen for the latest P3D v4.1 version

I think I found a workaround this morning.  I start the Q400 ready to taxi, so engines are running. Smoke effects and immersion work. I shut engines down, and then save that as a default flight.  Then I launch the default flight, engines are off, but I get the smoke when starting engines from Immersion, and once engines are started manually, all smoke effects and immersion work. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

After playing around with the smoke effects -Q400-Immersion, I could not get any consistent result, so I decided to forgo the smoke effects, and actually in cockpit, the main effects I see anyway are the lighting effects which always work.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 11/21/2017 at 7:08 PM, Sigma1958 said:

I have contacted MJF about this and they will look at it.

I have also tested different startup scenarios and found one that works every time I have tested it :cool:.

Just start P3D select your airport etc.. select the Q400 version you want to use and load the scenario.

Then when it's loaded make the plane Cold and Dark : turn of all power also ground power, external power sw. generator sw. etc.., off with ignition and condition levers to CUT.

Save this Scenario and restart P3D
On the startup screen load the saved scenario when it's loaded you might see the external power generator wait for it to go away, if it's still there after a few seconds then you have forgot the external power sw. (turn it of save and try again).
Now you can do a Cold and Dark startup.

Regards Widar

PS. I still miss some effects !!!     

After trying a bunch of scenarios with mixed results, I tried your suggestion today, and it works every time. Thanks. 

Edited by Bobsk8