Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Replay with PMDG 737

I had a very small window to test the replay system last night.  Loved the smoothness of the replay, but i had the following issues.

I pushed back at Gatwick, started,  taxi'd out and took off, did a right turn onto a downwind leg and then replayed the scenario.

Replay put me back at the gate with engines off, but i had a whole lot of audible warnings going off.   Probably understandable. There was also a persistent looping sound (hard to describe what it was) but it persisted throughout the taxi and take-off ground phase.  Assume it was undercarriage related.  Aircraft lights didn't seem to be recorded (all lights were off during the playback.).

As I say, not much of an in-depth analysis of why things were happening, but that was my experience.  Didn't really get chance to check out hotcorners either, which really is a great new feature.

Anyone else have PMDG specific issues?  I assume the complexity of the aircraft and the number of variables makes it more petulant when coupled with a replay utility.

This is to be expected at this stage. Aircraft are built with so many techniques that it’s not possible for us to track and reinject the data encapsulated into every aircraft.

That's why we will work with aircraft developers to have their aircraft compatible with our system.

The replay system we have right now is very basic and was designed to do specific tasks like recording videos and playing around.

We are building the foundations for the future right now.

• Upvote 2

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

13 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

This is to be expected at this stage. Aircraft are built with so many techniques that it’s not possible for us to track and reinject the data encapsulated into every aircraft.

That's why we will work with aircraft developers to have their aircraft compatible with our system.

The replay system we have right now is very basic and was designed to do specific tasks like recording videos and playing around.

We are building the foundations for the future right now.

Understandable.  Thanks Keven.