Sign in to follow this  
Nico

Assign custom mouse button to Next Preset

Hi,

New here and just got ChasePlane.

I have a Logitech M705 mouse and it is not so easy to setup. First of all, when clicking the middle mouse button, nothing happens in the cockpit so I am not able to pan. The mouse cursor changes to a magnifying glass. I was able to fix this by going in the SetPoint config panel and changed the middle mouse button from "Zoom" to "Middle button". Now it works, but it is not very stable. Sometimes, ChasePlane gets the click, sometimes not. For zooming, it is not easy to keep the button pressed and roll the wheel at the same time. Rolling often unclicks the button.

But back to the original question. I wanted to assign some mouse button to the Next or Previous Preset action. I am not able to make ChasePlane recognize the Prev and Next button that are on the side of the mouse. The same for the middle button that can pushed left or right (it allows left and right scrolling in windows). Any way to make these buttons seen by CP?

Thanks

You have to set those buttons as Macros in your Mouse Software to assign them in ChasePlane.

It's not possible to assign mouse buttons directly in ChasePlane.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thank you. I can make it work that way indeed. But only when defining these key assignments (macros) globally in the SetPoint software. The logitech config panel also allow to define macros per application. So I tried the exact same technique by selecting the prepar3d executable: no luck. I did the same for the ChasePlane executable: no luck. Maybe I should choose another exe? dll? I can also define these key assignments by selecting only the prepar3d.exe.

An idea for an enhancement: my macro is Shift+Ctrl+Alt+B. In your UI, this is too long, so I see only a part + ellipsis. And when I click on the assignment, I was expecting to see it entirely, but the dialog that let me define a new key assignment does not show the current one, only a dash. So in fact, I have no way to check the current assignment.

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Nico said:

[...] the dialog that let me define a new key assignment does not show the current one, only a dash. So in fact, I have no way to check the current assignment.

Noted, this is something we want to improve

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi... can your controller send ASCII characters? I programmed my controller to send the up and down arrow keys with the plus and minus button on the controller. I can't remember but you may also need a "click" or an "enter" key. Then, I sample the presets directly from the preset browser. Works nicely. Of course, if your controller cannot send ASCII characters it won't work.