Sign in to follow this  
flyerboy

Real world pax: What maddens you ?

Guest Chris440Cuda

I've had most of the normal problems on a majority of the flights, but I must say the most annoying was the child sitting directly behind me who could not sit still, and kicked my backrest constantly. I was grateful that it was a very short flight! But the ultimate payback that makes up for all of the bad is when I travel with my wife. Being 6'2", coupled with the fact that the seat pitch in coach is so small, means that her knees are pretty much jammed into the seat back in front of her. The fun comes when she sees the person in front of her try to recline. So she just puts some weight into the seat back and watches as they try, futile as it is, to recline! They usually give up after a few minutes, but once, this guy kept trying for something like 5 minutes, and even told the flight attendant that his seat wouldn't go back. After getting a wink from my wife, the attendant told him that it's common for the mechanism to be broken, from people who don't know how to operate it properly. It was hard not to laugh, especially when he started mumbling something that I am sure would get him arrested had he voiced it aloud. This almost makes up for having to give up the window to her! Luckily, having worked for an airline up until just a few years ago, I can say I had the fortune of getting to fly business or first more than half the time, which the wife greatly appreciated.

Guest WAW

2 types of people really:1) The type of people who get hammered and start talking to you when you can tell that every sentence they say is a lie. Had that happen from Paris to Dulles when a lady started talking to me about how she lost her house, got a divorce, and her husband was trying to take all her money. No offense, but she got me depressed faster than anything but a funeral.2) People who have bad manners on the flight. For example, when going transatlantic, a couple had 2 bottles of vodka, and left all their food and trash on the floor. Again, they were drunk, and I wish people would be more respectful of those who have to clean up after them, trying to make their jobs easier.

Guest brall

I agree. Window seats are confining and a bear to get in and out of. Give me an aise. On Southwest the front two aisle seats are usually available even if you're in the B or C line (First Class stuff)