J van E

Q400 motion effects

I bought ChasePlane specially for the Majestic Q400 so it was a bit er... funny to see the Q400 is the only plane out there that can't take advantage of various ChasePlane options. (Shouldn't something like that be announced before purchase...?) Luckily it's not a very big deal because I mainly bought ChasePlane for cockpit views. However, ChasePlane told me that certain Motion Effects may not function properly. Two questions:

1. do they simply not function properly, giving odd movements, or do they in fact cripple the flightmodel of the Q400?

2. if I want to turn all motion effects off... how do I do that? I can't find an OFF button.

A good working flight model is of more importance to me than motion effects so I'd rather get rid of them completely just to be sure.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just now, J van E said:

I bought ChasePlane specially for the Majestic Q400 so it was a bit er... funny to see the Q400 is the only plane out there that can't take advantage of various ChasePlane options. (Shouldn't something like that be announced before purchase...?) Luckily it's not a very big deal because I mainly bought ChasePlane for cockpit views. However, ChasePlane told me that certain Motion Effects may not function properly. Two questions:

1. do they simply not function properly, giving odd movements, or do they in fact cripple the flightmodel of the Q400?

2. if I want to turn all motion effects off... how do I do that? I can't find an OFF button.

1. Only giving odd movements, we don't touch the physics of the aircraft like some of our competitors;
  2. You have to slide the effects down in Camera > Motion Effects

We will do a better job of giving this information upfront when we get out of Beta. For now, the information is available in the user Manual here: 

Ok, clear! Good to hear about not touching the physics. So moving all sliders down to zero will do the trick. Should have known that before I created some 8 views LOL :rolleyes::happy: But now I know the movements are only odd I might give them a try anyway.

Quick reply btw! :happy:

Just now, J van E said:

Should have known that before I created some 8 views LOL :rolleyes::happy: But now I know the movements are only odd I might give them a try anyway.

Apply to 1 and right-click on the knob to apply to all

1 minute ago, Keven Menard said:

Apply to 1 and right-click on the knob to apply to all

Wow, that's a nice feature! Thanks! I was (very!) reluctant to buy it but I am very happy with it now. I am thinking about using options I never considered using before (like external views which I have almost never used in all my decades of flying) and I am even considering to get an extra controller (Orbweaver like: looking for a cheap solution:happy: ) just for CP.

• Upvote 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.