Sign in to follow this  
JIMJAM

P3DV3 TO P3DV4 QUESTION....

40 minutes ago, JJJackson said:

Chaos81. Seems I must have been extremely unlucky. I bought my PMDG.products in 2015 for P3D v3. When v4 was released i tried to install them but of course they didn´t have an installer for v4. When PMDG announced that they had released a version for v4 I downloaded the add-ons again from my account but still no installer for v4. I waited a week and downloaded again, but no istaller for v4. Also I couldn´t find any updates from v3 to v4. Waited another week but still no installer for v4 in the downloads on in my account. So only solution for me was to repurchase the products and in the NEW downloads added to my account there were installers for both v3 and v4. It might have worked for you but not for me. I was only referring to my own experience. 

Jack

the Swede in Spain

It has been stated numerous times in the pmdg forum section that it would be a free upgrade from v3 to v4. It certainly would not have hurt to have asked them about the installers not appearing in your account. That is a lot of money. If the repurchase was recent, I think it is worth a try to email them about the problem and asking for a one time refund. I dont know if they would consider it but worth a try.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

i waited until most of my add-ons were V4 compatible.  Bit the bullet last week and reloaded Windows 10 and purchased V4.  It took me a day and a half to get everything re-downloaded in V4 compatible versions and place it in V4.  Was it worth it?  Hell yes, I have seen a 20-30 fps increase with V4.

After getting a headache and blurry eyes from changing settings I ran across one of those hundreds of the "HOLY GRAIL" settings that the guy claimed he was getting 30-40 fps smooth with a PMDG with a similar setup to mine and all the addons. With Orbx global,NA LC, ActiveSky, REX tex direct in a Carenado jet.. I was smooth but avg 20-25. Tested it in some bad weather it got worse and in some snow was seeing 10-15 stuttering.

Well I figured WTH and tried guy's settings as a Hail Mary and it WORKED!!!! I am now 30-40 smooooooth... Even at Orbx Palm Springs, Ksan etc I get 20-25 smoooooth. Average today with lots of heavy clouds and rain was 25-35 smooth. That is with most settings maxxed but the imo the biggest help was reducing my 4k res down to 1920x1080.

If I can find the page I will post the link. BTW my rig is a i7 6700k @ 4.8/1080TI, SSD with a Sony 36 4k latest greatest.

Found it... Don't know the rules for links but here it is. I dropped all my 30+ yrs of simming habits and did exactly what he did. I run iirc 4saa and also he uses Envtex I run REX. A lot of things were counter intuitive to me but TRY them and give it some time.

https://community.vatsim.uk/topic/34553-p3d-v4-settings-gtx-1070-solved/