Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Mega Airports - is it reasonable to expect moving jetways?

I took advantage of the discounted price at Aerosoft to update Lisbon airport (LPPT) to v2 today. Even with the improved building textures and discounted price I'm wondering if it was worth it.

Why? Because even with nice terminal textures the nicely modelled jetways are static. No SODE animation. Not even the default jetways.How disappointing. :sad:

But this is a Mega Airport so isn't it reasonable to expect a degree of animation and jetways are at the top of that list for me. What justifies its title of Mega Airport? Whilst it has 2 runways the terminal buildings are not particularly extensive. Compared to Frankfurt, Heathrow and Rome it's a small project. Even the surrounding area is missing some landmark buildings present in v1.

One reason given by Aerosoft for not including jetways is the connection with the aircraft is far from perfect. But I think many of us would happily put up with that for having a moving jetway. Without one GSX will use moving moving stairways which are going to look awful.

The full price for Lisbon is around €25 but for that price I believe moving jetways should be mandatory. Would you agree?

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather