Sign in to follow this  
b737atp

737NG unable to create work files/R U running FSX as administrator.

So I just bought a brand new gaming computer that came with Windowns 10.  I downloaded FSX as well as the 2 service packs from microsoft.  I didn't have my anti-virus enabled so it wouldn't mess with the downloads.  When I try to open a 737 the message,"Warning: the PMDG product was unable to create its work files.  Please make sure that you are running Flight Simulator X as administrator." appears.  Any ideas why this message is popping up and how do I fix it?  Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 minutes ago, b737atp said:

I downloaded FSX as well as the 2 service packs from microsoft. 

You cannot download FSX from Microsoft.  FSX only comes in boxed version.  You can download FSX-SE from DoveTail but the two service packs are already included in their modification of FSX.  So this is probably your problem.  You must own the FSX boxed version and Acceleration which includes SP1 and SP2 from the Microsoft website.  Or, the FSX boxed version with SP1 and SP2 installed.  Or, FSX-SE.

I just approved your topic but I would recommend you edit your post (you have two hours from the time you posted it) and include your full name as that is a requirement for PMDG Forums (not AVSIM).

I can't seem to find where I can add my name or how to edit my post.  I guess I should have said installed.  I do have the disc for FSX(which I purchased with the product key).  So I have FSX boxed version with SP1 and SP2 installed and it still doesn't work.  

New Members are probably not allowed to post.  I'll fix it.